How effective is your Compliance Program? Presented by Michelle Anne Richards
As presented at HBMA's 2023 Fall Conference September 26th-28th, 2023.
This session will provide a foundation for proactively starting and implementing an effective Compliance Program. Risk management comprises the systems and processes employed to uncover, mitigate, and prevent risks in healthcare organizations. Understand its purpose, elements, management’s role, and more.
Course participants will be able to:
- Learn the key elements needed to build a Compliance Program.
- Learn how to conduct a Risk Analysis
- Gain an understanding about how to effectively create and implement an Incident Management Plan as part of the Compliance Program
Michelle Ann Richards BSHA, CPC, CPMA, CPCO is an entrepreneur and a quality-driven transformational healthcare executive leader. She has gained respect nationwide as a speaker, educator and subject matter expert (SME) on:
• Compliance Programs
• Insurance Credentialing
• Clinical Documentation Audits
• Business Development
• Practice Management
• Leadership Training and much more.
She is the proud owner of Coding & Compliance Experts OUR SERVICES (coding-compliance-experts.com) since 2009 where she and her team of experts provide:
• Clinic Start-Up Services
• Medical Insurance Credentialing
• State Medical License Applications
• On-site Risk Assessments,
• Virtual Risk Assessments
• Operational Analysis,
• HR Audits,
• Compliance Program Implementation
• Compliance Program Effectiveness Reviews,
• HIPAA Privacy & Security Audits, and much more.
Her passion, drive and charisma resonate with others to get motivated on becoming proactive vs reactive with regard to health care operations. She builds policies & procedures that are necessary for healthcare providers to remain viable in their communities served.
She has helped hundreds of independently owned clinics across the United States get started. She works not only with physicians and mid-level providers wanting to build their own clinic but with urgent care clinics, behavioral health clinics, opioid treatment programs (Substance Abuse Clinics), as well.
Her passion, besides her family, is building sustainable development programs for healthcare organizations, educating employees on complex healthcare topics, such as compliance and human resources, by writing educational articles, conference presentations, webinars and providing consulting services. She has been a SME for DEA, KEPRO, and FCA cases.
Michelle sits on several college advisory boards. She is also an active Girl Scout leader.