The 10 Hottest Compliance Topics You Should Be Looking at in Your Organization
Presented by Jake Yates
July 12th, 2023
10am PT / 11am MT / 12pm CT / 1pm ET
Webinar Level: Beginner
This program is scheduled for 60 minutes and is valid for 1 CHBME credit.
Member Price: $49.00
Non Member Price: $99.00
Regulatory compliance in healthcare is a complex, ever-changing industry. During this presentation, we will discuss the top 10 compliance topics to consider in your organization to assure adherence to requirements and government standards:
1. Security Risk Analysis (SRA) - Including an insufficient EMR or Checklist
2. Cybersecurity and Social Media
3. Right of Access Initiative not Being Followed
4. Exclusion Screening Not Being Performed Correctly, or at All!
5. Failing to Have Implemented Auditing and Monitoring in Place
6. Mobile Devices - Including Lack of Security and Control over Text Messaging
7. Missing Mechanisms in Place for Employee and Patient Complaints
8. Failing to Implement Regular and Effective Education and Training Programs
9. Not Tracking or Reporting Suspected Breaches and/or Other Incidents.
10. Compliance Program Deficiencies and/or Findings not Being Communicated or Corrected
Course participants will be able to:
- Identify key areas of compliance they must address to ensure complete regulatory compliance.
Jacob (Jake) Yates is the Account Manager at Healthcare Compliance Pros (HCP). He specializes in Risk Management, RAPS and EDS claims submissions, Medicare, and general healthcare compliance. Prior to joining HCP, Jake worked as a National Account Manager and Client Services Executive at two healthcare SaaS companies. During his time he worked with many clients, including three of the top 10 largest U.S. Health Insurance Plans on their Medicare Advantage, HEDIS, and RADV audits along with claim submissions and corrections to the CMS.
Jake has a Bachelor's Degree of Social Work from the University of Utah and a Master of Business Administration and Healthcare Management degree from Western Governor’s University. In addition, he is an active member of the Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA), a Certified Healthcare Compliance Professional, and has certifications in Project Management and Lean Six Sigma.
Please see the HBMA Refund Policy page for details on refunds for educational events and products