Peoples Health is changing to UnitedHealthcare systems on Jan. 1
On Jan. 1, 2024, Peoples Health is transitioning to the UnitedHealthcare claims system and the UnitedHealthcare Provider Portal. This means, if you’re contracted with Peoples Health, after Jan. 1, you’ll begin using the UnitedHealthcare portal for the following functions for your Peoples Health patients:
- Accessing and reviewing claims and claims payments
- Submitting and managing authorization requests
- Verifying eligibility and benefits
Submitting claims for Peoples Health patients
- For claims with dates of service prior to Jan. 1, you’ll continue to submit claims through the Peoples Health Provider Portal. The Peoples Health portal will also be available to you for researching past dates of service.
- For claims with dates of service on or after Jan. 1, you’ll begin to submit claims through the UnitedHealthcare Provider Portal
To learn more about these changes and the transition process, view the frequently asked questions (FAQ).
Member ID cards
Peoples Health will be sending these patients a new member card, which will have a new member ID number. Make sure to use the new 2024 member ID number when submitting claims for 2024 and later dates of service to ensure claims process correctly.
Below are sample images of the 2024 Peoples Health ID cards:
ID card for both Peoples Health Group Medicare plans:
ID card (called a UCard) for all other Peoples Health plans:
Review the FAQ for more information on prior authorizations, credentialing, claims payment and more.
Chat with a live advocate 7 a.m.–7 p.m. CT from the UnitedHealthcare Provider Portal.