New UnitedHealthcare features makes it easier to grant third-party access
In September, based on user feedback, UnitedHealthcare launched Access Groups. This new Provider Portal feature lets you quickly and easily grant third-party portal access by group instead of on an individual basis — all without any loss or interruption in access for your existing third-party users.
How it works
- The groups won’t change the third-party access itself (this will still be handled in “Manage 3rd Parties” by the Primary Access Administrator)
- Each organization can have up to 15 unique groups (e.g., Submit prior authorization group, Manage claims group, Check eligibility and benefits group, etc.) based on tax ID number (TIN) and/or desired tool access
- Primary Access Administrators and Administrators:
- Have access to all TINs and tools and the default third-party access group, “All 3rd Parties”
- Can assign any number of Standard Users to each group as needed
- Can assign users to groups in 2 ways:
- Assign several users to a group using the “Bulk Actions” dropdown, or
- Assign a single user to a group by clicking the checkmark box by the name
- Can create, edit, view or delete groups using 3rd Party Access Group Manager
Who can use Access Groups
- Any provider, billing company, revenue cycle management or vendor can use this feature as long the user is a Primary Access Administrator or Administrator of the account
- If an organization doesn’t have any active third-party access connections, the feature won’t be visible to the user. However, if a connection is made, the feature will automatically appear.
See more details about Access Groups by checking out our How to Create and Manage Users Guide for Administrators interactive guide