Humana representatives are here to help physicians and other healthcare professionals use online resources to work with us via the Availity Portal. These interactive webinars generally last 45 minutes to one hour. Check out the session schedules below and online.
Working with Humana online: Availity orientation
The Availity Portal is a multipayer site, so you need only one username and password to interact securely with Humana and other participating payers. This webinar provides an overview of how to use the Availity Portal to work with Humana online. Topics include:
- Checking eligibility and benefits
- Submitting referrals and authorizations
- Managing claims and payment information
- Submitting requested medical records
- Completing other secure administrative tasks online
Authorization and referral management
This webinar covers the Availity Portal authorization and referral submission tools, plus Humana’s Authorization Management tool. You can use Authorization Management to search for and view existing authorizations. In some cases, you can update a referral or authorization request and add attachments.
Claims management and remittance information
This webinar covers claim-related tools available on the Availity Portal, including:
- Claim status tool – Search and view submitted claims for your Humana-covered patients
- Remittance inquiry – View an electronic version of the explanation of remittance (EOR) for your payments
- Humana’s Code Edit Simulator tool – Enter code combinations and receive immediate feedback about code edit results that could be applied to similar claims processed by Humana
Eligibility and benefits
With Availity’s Eligibility and Benefits Inquiry tool, you can verify a patient’s Humana coverage and review benefit details for in-network and out-of-network providers. You can view a patient’s Humana ID card, care reminders, Humana member summary, certificate of coverage and more.
Medical records management
Humana’s Medical Records Management (MRM) tool on the Availity Portal enables sharing of medical record information between healthcare providers and the requesting Humana departments. With the MRM tool, you can submit requested medical records quickly and securely online (in TIF, TIFF, JPEG, JPG and PDF format), check the status of submissions and view new, completed and canceled requests.
The Overpayments tool on the Availity Portal can help you view, research and resolve your overpayment requests online. You can even sign up to be notified when you have a new overpayment, request more information or dispute a request. While Humana doesn’t offer a webinar about this tool, Availity offers this helpful user guide for Humana providers.