More Effective Strategies for Solving Patient Billing and Collections Presented by Pete Heydt and Susan Bailie
As presented at HBMA's 2023 Fall Conference September 26th-28th, 2023.
This session is intended to educate financial and operational executives and revenue cycle leaders on how to positively impact financial results through concepts and tactics for more effective patient billing and payment experiences. Attendees will learn how to leverage planning, education and technology across the patient financial continuum to drive more payments, faster payments, and at a lower cost, while providing a better patient experience.
Course participants will be able to:
- Evaluate the policies, tactics and results they currently experience for patient billing and payments against suggestions and examples from the presenters.
- Plan for how they can help their clients achieve better financial results, while also improving the staff and patient experiences with a more modern and efficient set of processes and solutions.
- Focus areas are as follows and participants are encouraged to understand their existing revenue cycle capabilities in each:
- Policies, procedures and education
- Communication capabilities including electronic and paper billing
- Dunning/ billing cycle workflows
- Payment capabilities for all types of patient payment, both self-service and staff created…across the entire financial continuum of the patient: pre-service, time-of-service and post-service
- Existing partners, both service-oriented and technology
- Expected results vs current results
Pete Heydt has 28+ years of experience in technology and over the last 13 years has been focused on helping Healthcare organizations apply technology to improve payment outcomes. He has held executive leadership positions at Bottomline Technologies, Patientco, and Payspan before joining PatientPay 4 ½ years ago. He lives in metro Kansas City and has three children, three grandchildren and three dogs…leaving only a little time for his favorite hobby of hiking.
Susan Bailie has 30 years of experience in healthcare. She’s been with Healthcare Administrative Partners for 25 years and functions as their SVP of Revenue Cycle. She lives in Rochester NH and has two children, five grandchildren and one great-granddaughter. You will find her riding her motorcycle whenever the opportunity presents itself.