UnitedHealthcare News: API: Improve Efficiency and Reduce Cost
API: Improve efficiency and reduce cost with real-time data exchange
Application Programming Interfaces — more commonly known as API — provide free, secure and
efficient ways to seamlessly exchange data.
Why leverage an API in your practice?
APIs pave the way for interoperability, which includes accessing and exchanging data in real time. With an API, you can automate transactions on a time table you set, and transfer the data to your practice management system, proprietary software or any format you prefer. This can help reduce the burden of administrative tasks and simplify your workflow.
- Fill in gaps for information you may not be getting in your current data streams, such as EDI
- Share and distribute data throughout your practice more easily and efficiently
- Streamline daily workflows and reduce staff time spent on manually retrieving and importing information from the UnitedHealthcare Provider Portal
- Be used by practices, facilities, health care systems, vendors, clearinghouses and revenue cycle management companies
Transaction types available:
- Claim Status and Payment
- Eligibility and Benefits
- Claim Reconsideration and Appeal with Attachments
- Documents/Paperless Correspondence
- Prior Authorization (coming soon)
API requires technical coordination with your IT department, software vendor or clearinghouse.
UnitedHealthcare provides direct onboarding and support in coordination with Optum’s technical team.
- To get started, visit our API webpage
- For more information on API technical components, visit UHCprovider.com/apiconnect
- Not sure if API is right for your practice? Check out our other digital solutions at UHCprovider.com/digitalsolutions