New: Add unsolicited 275 attachments to claim submissions
In 2024, in partnership with Optum, a UnitedHealthcare affiliate, unsolicited Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) 275 claim attachment transactions will be supported for additional clearinghouses.
Benefits of this update
In addition to saving time, EDI 275 claim attachments also:
- Save on printing and mailing/postage of the additional information
- Streamline the process of sending the information to payers in a consistent manner
- Provide electronic acknowledgment and proof of delivery/receipt
- Maintain an audit trail of who has viewed personal health information and where it has been sent
- Increase efficiency in determination of financial responsibility for medical services
- Eliminate requests from us for supporting documentation
You may continue to use the UnitedHealthcare Provider Portal to upload supporting documentation (solicited and unsolicited) for all claims. For more details, check out our Claims, Billing and Payments page.
If you currently submit EDI 275 transactions to us and have questions, please contact UnitedHealthcare EDI Support.