Take Advantage of Your Smart Edits
If you submit claims by electronic data interchange (EDI), you’re already receiving our Smart Edits on your clearinghouse rejection reports! Smart Edits identify claims with potential errors before they enter our claims processing system. You receive feedback in a matter of hours instead of getting claims denials days later.
Working Your Smart Edits Can Help You:
- Get more claims approved the first time —Fixing your claims upstream may help you avoid denials.
- Speed up claim processing —Quick notification means you can fix errors without waiting for adjudication and a provider remittance advice.
- Enhance your workflow — Resolving your claims issues provides learning you can share with your entire claims team so future submissions are cleaner.
Here's What You Can Do:
- Respond to your Smart Edits — You'll have five calendar days to correct a claim before it's processed. This five-day limit helps ensure timely processing.
- Learn more and keep current — Visit UHCprovider.com/smartedits to find out about new Smart Edits, access a guide and more.
- Use our support team — If you have questions about Smart Edits, contact EDI Support.
Insurance coverage provided by or through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company or its affiliates. Health plan coverage provided by UnitedHealthcare of Arizona, Inc., UHC of California DBA UnitedHealthcare of California, UnitedHealthcare of Colorado, Inc., UnitedHealthcare of the Mid-Atlantic, Inc., MAMSI Life and Health Insurance Company, UnitedHealthcare of New York, Inc., UnitedHealthcare Insurance Co. of New York, UnitedHealthcare of Oklahoma, Inc., UnitedHealthcare of Oregon, Inc., UnitedHealthcare of Pennsylvania, Inc., UnitedHealthcare of Texas, Inc., UnitedHealthcare Benefits of Texas, Inc., UnitedHealthcare of Utah, Inc., UnitedHealthcare of Washington, Inc., Optimum Choice, Inc., Oxford Health Insurance, Inc., Oxford Health Plans (NJ), Inc., Oxford Health Plans (CT), Inc., All Savers Insurance Company or other affiliates. Administrative services provided by OptumHealth Care Solutions LLC, OptumRx, Oxford Health Plans LLC, United HealthCare Services, Inc. or other affiliates. Behavioral health products provided by U.S. Behavioral Health Plan, California (USBHPC), United Behavioral Health (UBH) or its affiliates.
© 2019 United HealthCare Services, Inc.