Bind is changing its name to Surest
Bind, a UnitedHealthcare company, is changing its name to SurestTM. This change will begin to take effect on Sept. 1, 2022.
Why a name change?
The new name reflects the certainty that the plan offers to members and health care professionals.
What you need to know
- You can begin using the name Surest now and update your systems
- You don’t need separate credentialling if you’re a UnitedHealthcare-participating health care professional
- Group and member IDs won’t change
- Bind ID cards will transition to Surest ID cards.
- Fully-insured members will continue to receive Bind ID cards until Jan. 1, 2023
- Self-funded members will receive Surest ID cards as follows:
- New groups whose coverage takes effect on or after Sept. 1, 2022, will receive Surest ID cards
- Existing groups renewing between Sept. 1–Dec. 31, 2022, will receive Surest ID cards prior to renewal
- Existing groups renewing between Jan. 1–Aug. 31, 2023, will receive Surest ID cards on or around Jan.1, 2023
- The payer ID for Surest won’t change
- For digital claims, use 25463
- For paper claims, mail to P.O. Box 211758, Eagan, MN 55121
- To access member eligibility, benefits and claims, continue using the UnitedHealthcare Shared Services (UHSS) Provider Portal or call UHSS Provider Services at 844-368-6661
- For health care webinars and more resources, visit yourbind.com/providers
- To access the health plan’s supplement to the UnitedHealthcare Administrative guide, visit the Bind Provider Guide
- For more detailed name change information, visit surest.com Questions?
- Call UHSS Provider Services at 844-368-6661
- Contact Surest Provider Relations or firstname.lastname@example.org