Healthcare professionals often have questions about durable medical equipment (DME).
The “DME – Guidance Highlights” presentation at Humana.com/MakingItEasier addresses frequently asked questions about DME, prosthetics, orthotics and medical supplies from Humana. The presentation covers a number of related topics, such as:
- Criteria that classify an item as DME
- DME rental and purchase details
- How DME items are organized by classification and category name
- Policies for repair and replacement of DME items
- Additional information about medical supplies
View the presentation to learn more about preauthorization for DME items for Humana patients with Medicare Advantage and commercial plans.
You’ll find the “DME – Guidance Highlights” presentation, and many more, at Humana.com/MakingItEasier. Each feature in the series consists of an on-demand presentation addressing a specific topic and includes a downloadable tip sheet.