Humana COVID-19 Updates
Humana has a provider-facing website on COVID-19 that can be used as a resource. The link is https://www.humana.com/provider/coronavirus.
This is also available within Humana’s Payer Spaces on Availity under the news and announcement tab. There is a specific area on the site specific to member services: Coronavirus: Protecting members and reducing the spread of COVID-19.
Telehealth Updated FAQs - Five new FAQs pertaining to services coverable using video, hospital modifier details for billing, virtual visit time calculation, telephone E/M CPT code details, and RHCs and FQHCs furnishing and billing for telehealth. Please note: Some of the existing answers have been updated as well.
- Can the Practitioner Assessment Form (PAF) (CPT code 96160) be done via telehealth and can it be done using real-time interactive audio only?
- Can the Member Summary with clinical inference be done via telehealth and can it be done using real- time interactive audio only?
- Is a physical therapist considered an eligible provider to deliver services via telehealth?
- When is the effective date of Humana’s modified telehealth policy? Will it be applied retroactively to claims already submitted?
- Humana Provider COVID website to download the complete list of FAQs on the “Telehealth Section” - https://www.humana.com/provider/coronavirus/telemedicine
Stars COVID Impact Fact Sheet – Summary of changes to quality improvement and data collection activities for measurement years 2019 and 2020 that impact Star Ratings for plan years 2021 and 2022.
- Humana Provider COVID website - https://www.humana.com/provider/coronavirus/stars
Effective May 22, 2020
Update – Humana lifts suspension of authorizations and referrals for all diagnoses except COVID-related diagnoses
Exceptions apply. Click here for more details.
Effective May 15, 2020
Update – Humana will resume medical record requests for claims reviews as states ease restrictions on elective procedures. Click here for more information.