Action Required to Maintain Access to Humana’s Secure Online Tools
Humana is retiring its secure online provider portal in late 2018. Please register for the Availity Provider Portal at Availity.com for continued access to Humana’s secure online tools.
Start now and take advantage of our resources and training to help ensure your office is prepared.
- To learn more about working with Humana online, visit Humana online.
- For training on making the switch from Humana’s secure portal to Availity, sign up here.
Get paid faster with electronic claims payment
Humana invites physicians and other health care providers to enroll in electronic claims payment to enjoy the following advantages over traditional paper checks:
- Faster payment processing
- Reduced manual effort
- Access to online or electronic remittance information
- Reduced risk of lost or stolen checks
With electronic funds transfer (EFT), Humana claims payments are deposited directly in the bank account(s) of choice. To participate, physicians and other health care providers will need to enroll for Humana electronic remittance advice (ERA), which replaces the paper version of their explanation of remittance (EOR). There is no cost to enroll; however, physicians and other health care providers need to check with their clearinghouse and/or financial institution to see if fees apply for electronic transactions.
For more information or to enroll click here, and read our Frequently Asked Questions. Questions? Email us.
Humana’s “Making It Easier” Series Offers Information on Claims Topics
Making It Easier for Health Care Providers is Humana’s series of narrated presentations that can help physicians and other health care providers better understand Humana’s claims policies and processes.
- Anatomical Modifiers
- Modifier 25
- Medicare Preventive Services
- Professional Component and Technical Component (PC/TC)
- Humana’s Maximum Unit Values
- Chronic Care Management Services
- Drug Testing and Codes
- Multiple evaluation and management services
- And many more…
Visit our website at any time to find specific claims topics in 10- to 12-minute presentations. Visitors can also sign up for an alert when new content is added.