HBMA Store - Product Detail
Get Paid Now! Tools and Practices for Enhancing Revenue Cycle & Cash Flow
Collect from Insurance Companies & Patients; tools & practices for enhancing revenue cycle & cash flow.
In a slowed economy, your office must beef up collection policies to stay on top of receivables. Learn the most effective methods for guaranteeing co-pays, co-insurance and cash balances. Attendees will learn how to ‘turn the tables on the insurance companies’ by effectively dealing with bogus stall tactics and unnecessary down-codes and denials.
Explore the stages of the collections process, beyond payment at time of service. Learn a manageable, reliable system that gets results without negatively affecting patient relations. Includes tips on dealing with difficult collection situations.
- Collect from insurance companies promptly and fairly
- Learn how to use State & Federal Laws for appealing claims
- Best practices for handling denials, down-codes & stall tactics
- Collect from self-insured's & ERISA Plans
- Increase UCR payments
- Learn how to record insurance company calls
- Collect from Patients
- Implement ‘Easy Pay’ – paperless patient billing
- Learn to speak ‘the language of collections’
- Techniques for effectively asking for payment and delivering outstanding service
- Set up payment plans and financial arrangements that patients will most likely keep
- Properly handle requests for discounts, courtesies, and other special payment arrangements
- Effective telephone collections techniques
- How and when to use a collection agency
Specifically designed for: revenues cycle managers, billing and collections specialists.
BIO: Jerry Bridge, founder and president of LifeWorks Education, is a trainer, coach and motivational speaker. Over the past fifteen years Jerry has trained over 70,000 business managers and administrative staff on a variety of issues including; customer service and communication, stress management and productivity, and billing & collections.
Jerry is a consultant to and workshop leader for The Practice Management Institute. PMI is a leading provider of continuing education for medical office professionals.
Additionally, Jerry integrates over 25 years of training and development with Landmark Education Corporation; a leader and innovator in the field of transformational education. He has worked with both individuals and organizations to bring forth dramatic, powerful and lasting results personally and professionally.
Jerry lives in San Diego, California. His passion is to lead inspiring, motivating courses that make a powerful and lasting impact; having great fun along the way!
HBMA Members will receive 2 CEU's towards the designation of their CHBME or CMBA for participation in this program.