HBMA Store - Product Detail
Recording: Medicare Non-Physician Practitioners
Paul Kim, JD, MPH, Principal, Ober Kaler
The utilization of Medicare non-physician practitioners (NPPs) in both hospital and clinic settings have not only improved access to care but also increased Medicare revenues, which has attracted government attention and scrutiny.
Learning Objectives - At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
• Identify all NPPs who can enroll in the Medicare Program
• Understand the conditions of enrollment for each NPP
• Compute the Medicare reimbursement rate for each NPP
• Comprehend the interplay between NPP services and incident-to services
• Distinguish between shared/split visits and incident-to services
• Address audit and compliance risks for NPPs
Directions for Viewing: Once the mp4 file has finished downloading, click the icon and your video player should open up. Click the play button if the video does not begin on its own.