HBMA Store - Product Detail
"Do It Yourself" Dashboards: Conditional Formatting in Excel
Speaker: Nate Moore, Nate Moore Solutions, Inc.
Microsoft Excel 2013 comes with a wide variety of tools you can use to make compelling, visually appealing presentations to physicians and administrators. Conditional Formatting is a powerful way to have Excel automatically format cells based on the content of the cell. You can quickly highlight data that is too high, below average, contains certain text, and much more. We’ll use Conditional Formatting to create dashboards that automatically change with new data. We’ll also use Conditional Formatting to quickly analyze new data to highlight problems and spot opportunities. See several tricks to make your spreadsheets look more like dashboards and your reports more interesting and informative. The presentation will be a live demonstration using Excel 2013.
- At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Operate Conditional Formatting tools to automatically highlight critical data
- Create spreadsheets more like dashboards with colors and icon sets
- Analyze new data with Conditional Formatting rules
Directions for Viewing File:
After purchasing or registering for this program, if you are a member please visit your 'My Account' page, then click on 'My Downloads' on the left side of the page. All download files you have purchased or registered for should show in this area. Continue with the following instructions.
1. SAVE THIS ZIPPED FILE in a place where you will be able to access it easily - your desktop works best. Please note, depending on the speed of your system, this could take a few minutes.
2. After downloading the zipped file, right click on the zipped file and select "Extract All" to extract the contents completely. You should now see an unzipped folder with all of the contents.
3. Locate your *unzipped* folder and Double-click the HTML file in the unzipped folder. The video should open in your browser window and begin to play after a few seconds. If your browser window doesn't open, right click the HTML file and choose 'Open With' and select a browser from the list.