HBMA Store - Product Detail
Bundled Charges/CCI/LCD: Untangling the Conundrum of Edits
Speaker: Melody W. Mulaik, CRA, FAHRA, CPC, CPC-H, RCC, President, Coding Strategies
This session will provide a review of the current edits being utilized by governmental and commercial payors. Billing company personnel must have knowledge of these issues so that they may appropriately advise their clients for mutual benefit. There are different risks and challenges associated with bundling edits depending upon who is performing the coding function. Both primary coding models will be discussed to identify key areas of concern and strategies for addressing these concerns will be reviewed. The overall goal of this session is to help attendees validate existing knowledge and/or identify areas of concern to mitigate risks for their clients and their own organizations.
- At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the various types of billing edits currently utilized by payors
- Identify strategies on how to address edits regardless of who performs the coding function
- List the key steps to implement to ensure identification and ongoing compliance of modifier assignment
Directions for Viewing File:
After purchasing or registering for this program, if you are a member please visit your 'My Account' page, then click on 'My Downloads' on the left side of the page. All download files you have purchased or registered for should show in this area. Continue with the following instructions.
1. SAVE THIS ZIPPED FILE in a place where you will be able to access it easily - your desktop works best. Please note, depending on the speed of your system, this could take a few minutes.
2. After downloading the zipped file, right click on the zipped file and select "Extract All" to extract the contents completely. You should now see an unzipped folder with all of the contents.
3. Locate your *unzipped* folder and Double-click the HTML file in the unzipped folder. The video should open in your browser window and begin to play after a few seconds. If your browser window doesn't open, right click the HTML file and choose 'Open With' and select a browser from the list.