HBMA Store - Product Detail
PQRS: Measuring Value Today and Tomorrow
Speaker: Melody W. Mulaik, CRA, FAHRA, CPC, CPC-H, RCC, President, Coding Strategies
This session will provide a high level overview of the PQRS program and the submission requirements. Billing company personnel must have knowledge of these issues so that they may appropriately advise their clients for mutual benefit. The reporting of quality measures will continue to be an important area of focus as the healthcare system continues to change at a rapid pace. Not appropriately reporting measures will result in decreased revenue and potentially adverse quality reporting for billing company clients. The overall goal of this session is to help attendees validate existing knowledge and/or identify areas of concern to mitigate risks for their clients and their own organizations.
- At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Explain the requirements of the PQRS system and the various submission methods and requirements
- Specify key reporting measures to assist with the identification of appropriate client measures
- Tell how PQRS and how quality measures and coding practices are intertwined.
Directions for Viewing File:
After purchasing or registering for this program, if you are a member please visit your 'My Account' page, then click on 'My Downloads' on the left side of the page. All download files you have purchased or registered for should show in this area. Continue with the following instructions.
1. SAVE THIS ZIPPED FILE in a place where you will be able to access it easily - your desktop works best. Please note, depending on the speed of your system, this could take a few minutes.
2. After downloading the zipped file, right click on the zipped file and select "Extract All" to extract the contents completely. You should now see an unzipped folder with all of the contents.
3. Locate your *unzipped* folder and Double-click the HTML file in the unzipped folder. The video should open in your browser window and begin to play after a few seconds. If your browser window doesn't open, right click the HTML file and choose 'Open With' and select a browser from the list.