HBMA Store - Product Detail
Value Based Compensation: The Transition from Paying for Volume to Paying for Value
Scott Hewitt, Vice President, Network Standards and Payment Strategy, UnitedHealth Networks
Healthcare reform is causing a shift in the way health services are reimbursed. This concurrent session will focus on payment reform and one payer’s perspective on what reimbursement methodologies lie ahead and how they will potentially impact healthcare billing and management.
- Examine the components of value-based compensation models.
- Identify key considerations of value-based contracts in the areas of risk readiness, design and implementation, success criteria and payer engagement.
- Outline the transition to value-based compensation
Directions for Viewing File:
After purchasing or registering for this program, if you are a member please visit your 'My Account' page, then click on 'My Downloads' on the left side of the page. All download files you have purchased or registered for should show in this area. Continue with the following instructions.
1. SAVE THIS ZIPPED FILE in a place where you will be able to access it easily - your desktop works best. Please note, depending on the speed of your system, this could take a few minutes.
2. After downloading the zipped file, right click on the zipped file and select "Extract All" to extract the contents completely. You should now see an unzipped folder with all of the contents.
3. Locate your *unzipped* folder and Double-click the HTML file in the unzipped folder. The video should open in your browser window and begin to play after a few seconds. If your browser window doesn't open, right click the HTML file and choose 'Open With' and select a browser from the list.