RECORDING: ICD-10 Implementation: Physician Documentation and You!
Presented by Melody Mulaik, President, Coding Strategies, Inc.
This session will cover one of the key areas that must be address in preparation for ICD-10 implementation, physician documentation. While billing companies have different roles and responsibilities in the coding process that does not change the fact that providers count on their billing company partner to help prepare them for this monumental change.
We will review and discuss:
• What physician clinical documentation improvement (CDI) is and how it varies by specialty
• How billing companies should consider discussing this with their clients
• What role billing companies can serve with their clients
• What potential types of denials may occur in the short and long term due to a lack of documentation and coding specificity.
Participation in this program will earn 1 CEU toward Category Three CHBME certification.
Directions for Viewing File:
After purchasing or registering for this program, if you are a member please visit your 'My Account' page, then click on 'My Downloads' on the left side of the page. All download files you have purchased or registered for should show in this area. Continue with the following instructions.
1. SAVE THIS ZIPPED FILE in a place where you will be able to access it easily - your desktop works best. Please note, depending on the speed of your system, this could take a few minutes.
2. After downloading the zipped file, right click on the zipped file and select "Extract All" to extract the contents completely. You should now see an unzipped folder with all of the contents.
3. Locate your *unzipped* folder and Double-click the HTML file in the unzipped folder. The video should open in your browser window and begin to play after a few seconds. If your browser window doesn't open, right click the HTML file and choose 'Open With' and select a browser from the list.