Did you miss CMS at HIMSS15? Program Sessions Now Available Online
You can now access all CMS program sessions from this year’s HIMSS Conference in Chicago via the CMS eHealth Events website
Visit the CMS eHealth Events page to access all of CMS’ HIMSS15 program sessions. An overview of each individual session can be found below.
Sunday, April 12
- Opening Keynote: CMS on Federal Quality Reporting (Session QU1): Dr. Kate Goodrich, Director of the Quality Measurement and Health Assessment Group, outlines 2015 clinical quality measurement and reporting requirements and how they align with quality performance and public reporting through CMS quality programs
Monday, April 13
- CMS EHR Incentive Programs Overview (Session 10): CMS provides an update on EHR Incentive Programs participation and gives an overview of the Modifications to Meaningful Use in 2015-2017 proposed rule.
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 3 Requirements (Session 40): CMS presents an outline of the proposed Stage 3 requirements.
Tuesday, April 14
- Keynote: The Intersection of Quality and Innovation at CMS (Session 67): Dr. Patrick Conway, Chief Medical Officer, outlines how CMS envisions health IT as a key component of health care transformation.
- CMS Quality Strategy (Session 86): Dr. Kate Goodrich presents the overall quality strategy for CMS, and explains how it will be used to achieve the agency’s vision.
- CMS Quality Reporting Update (Session 116): CMS discusses 2015 CQM reporting requirements and provides an overview of the PQRS, IQR, HVBP, and VBM quality reporting programs.
Wednesday, April 15
- CMS Future Directions in Quality Measurement (Session 131): Panelists discuss current challenges and the future of quality measurement and quality measure development.
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 3 and ONC 2015 Edition Certification Criteria Changes (Session 160): CMS and ONC provide an overview of the Stage 3 and 2015 Edition Health IT Certification Criteria proposed rules.
- Improving Health Care Delivery through Collaboration with Lean Tools (Session 176): Industry experts outline how Lean tools have led to cost savings, increased collaboration, and provide high quality products.
Don’t Forget to Comment on CMS’ Proposed Rules
For more information on the Stage 3 proposed rule, review the press release and fact sheet. For information about the Modifications to Meaningful Use in 2015-2017 proposed rule, review the fact sheet.
How to Submit Comments
The public can submit comments in several ways, including via electronic submission or mail:
- You may submit electronic comments to http://www.regulations.gov.
- By regular mail
- By express or overnight mail
- By hand or courier