Healthcare Billing & Management Association Announces 2013 Board of Directors
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. — January 24, 2013 — The Healthcare Billing & Management Association (HBMA.org), recognized as the healthcare revenue cycle management authority, announced today its 2013 officers and confirmation of its Board of Directors.
Officers (HBMA officers serve a one-year term):
- President: Jud Neal, CHBME (Physicians Business Network, Inc.)
- Vice President/President Elect: Jeanne Gilreath, CHBME (AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions, Inc.)
- Past President: Don Rodden, CHBME (HealthPro Medical Billing, Inc.)
- Treasurer: Curt Cvikota, CHBME (Cvikota Company, Inc.)
- Secretary: Cindy Groux, CHBME (Health Care Practice Management)
- Holly Louie, CHBME (Practice Management, Inc.)
- John Outlaw, CHBME (PSA, LLC a MED3000 Company)
- Rich Papperman, CHBME (Cape Medical Billing, Inc.)
- Dorothy Henslee, CHBME (Millennia Information Systems, LLP)
- Bill Carns, CHBME (PracticeMax, Inc.)
- Madelon Berger, CHBME (Bill of Health Services, Inc.)
“Under the direction of our new Board of Directors, HBMA will continue to build the educational and informational resources that medical billing professionals require as the management of insurance claim processing with commercial and governmental payors is extremely complex,” stated Brad Lund, HBMA Executive Director. “It is important to achieve the appropriate reimbursement that physicians are due, while at the same time protect the patient from paying for physician services that should be paid by their insurance company,” continued Lund.
The HBMA Board of Directors is responsible for the overall governance of HBMA. The time and knowledge of each director is provided on a volunteer basis for the betterment of the entire medical billing industry.
HBMA members provide a variety of business support services for the nation’s physician practices. At the core of these services is the processing of over 30% of all physicians’ insurance claims.
To learn more about HBMA, go to www.hbma.org or call 1-800.640.4262.
A non-profit, member-led trade association celebrating its twentieth anniversary in 2013, the Healthcare Billing & Management Association (HBMA) represents more than 30,000 employees at well over 700 third-party medical billing firms. Annually, HBMA companies submit more than 350 million initial claims on behalf of hospital-based physicians, office-based physicians and other allied healthcare providers.
As the only trade association representing the interests of medical billing companies, HBMA works with legislative stakeholders and federal agencies in Washington, D.C. to improve the business of medical billing and the practice of healthcare. For more information about HBMA, please go to www.hbma.org.
For photos and/or more information, please contact:
Cashen, HBMA Public Relations, 949.735.5641
Lund, HBMA Executive Director, 877-640-4262