|Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)|
Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update
HBMA COVID-19 Federal Response Update
White House and Federal Agencies
- HHS is facilitating a public competition to develop “the next generation” of protective face masks. The winner will receive a $500,000 cash prize.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Updates
- Updated CDC guidelines for vaccinated people say that fully vaccinated people can travel domestically. The guidelines continue to recommend that fully vaccinated people continue public health and safety measures such as wearing a mask and social distancing.
- The CDC says the risk of COVID-19 spreading through contact with surfaces is 1 in 10,000.
- The CDC updated its websites for:
- Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People
- When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated
- Overall US COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution and Administration Update as of Mon, 05 Apr 2021 06:00:00 EST
- Travel: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- Know When to Delay your Travel to Avoid Spreading COVID-19
- After You Travel
- Travel during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- US COVID-19 Cases Caused by Variants
- New Variant of Virus that Causes COVID-19 Detected
- CDC’s COVID-19 Weekly Partner Calls
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Teachers, School Staff, and Childcare Workers
- Science Brief: SARS-CoV-2 and Surface (Fomite) Transmission for Indoor Community Environments
- Science Briefs
- Different COVID-19 Vaccines
- Information about the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
- Percent of Delivered First Vaccine Doses Administered by U.S. States and Territories
- Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Cleaning And Disinfecting Your Home
- COVID-19 Travel Recommendations by Country
- Reporting COVID-19 Vaccination Demographic Data
- Workplaces and Businesses
- What to Do if Your Pet Tests Positive for the Virus that Causes COVID-19
- Older Adults
Economy, Vaccine, Testing and Treatment
- The U.S. vaccination rate is outpacing the global average five to one.
- The federal government directed Johnson & Johnson to take control of the manufacturing plant that caused 15 million vaccine doses to go to waste due to manufacturing errors. The plant, which produced vaccines for both Johnson & Johnson and AstraZeneca, will no longer manufacture AstraZeneca’s vaccine.
- NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci believes the U.S.’ improving vaccination rates will help us avoid a fourth wave of COVID-19 infection increases that is as severe as previous waves of infection surges.
- NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci disagrees with the position taken by some public health officials in other countries that the second vaccine dose can be delayed in order to increase the availability of first doses.
- The FDA authorized Moderna to increase the number of vaccine doses in each vial from 10 to 15. The FDA also is allowing providers to extract up to 11 doses from Moderna’s 10 dose vials.
- Johnson & Johnson is will soon begin testing its vaccine in adolescents aged 12-17.
- NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci said that the U.S. might not need AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine. This would make that vaccine more available to other countries.
- New research into concerns that AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine causes blood clots found a total of 30 cases of blood clots which suggests it is a relatively rare occurrence.
- Sunday marked the fewest reported COVID-19 deaths in over one year.
- NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci says the federal government does not plan to mandate “vaccine passports” to prove COVID-19 vaccinations.