|Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)|
Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update
HBMA COVID-19 Federal Response Update
White House and Federal Agencies
- The IRS is continuing to distribute stimulus checks to individual and family taxpayers as part of the American Rescue Plan.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Updates
- The CDC released new guidelines that recommend reducing school social distancing requirements from six feet to three feet for students. This change is intended to make it easier for schools to reopen for in-person learning.
- The CDC updated its websites for:
- Overall US COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution and Administration Update as of Mon, 22 Mar 2021 06:00:00 EST
- Percent of Delivered First Vaccine Doses Administered by U.S. States and Territories
- COVID-19 Travel Recommendations by Country
- US COVID-19 Cases Caused by Variants
- Resources for Disproportionately Affected Communities
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Teachers, School Staff, and Childcare Workers
- Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in K-12 schools
- COVID-19 Vaccination for Communities
- Operating schools during COVID-19: CDC's Considerations
Economy, Vaccine, Testing and Treatment
- After meeting his goal of 100 million vaccine doses in his first 100 days in office, President Biden now hopes to double that goal to 200 million doses.
- AstraZeneca released results from phase three clinical trials in the United States for its COVID-19 vaccine that shows the vaccine was 79 percent effective against symptomatic cases and 100% effective against hospitalization and death. The results also did not show a relationship between the vaccine and blood clotting – a concern held by some countries in Europe.
- This article compares the three vaccines that have received emergency approval from the FDA.
- NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci said that a variant of COVID-19 first identified in the United Kingdom accounts for 30 percent of infections in the U.S. and could become the dominant strain in the coming months.
- The number of U.S. air travelers reached its highest number since March of 2020.