HBMA 2021: The Healthcare Revenue Cycle Conference, COVID-19 Risk Acknowledgement
There is an inherent risk in participating in any activity. Due to the circumstances created by COVID-19, there is an elevated degree of personal risk and responsibility. I understand that, in connection with participating in HBMA 2021: The Healthcare Revenue Cycle Conference (“Event”) hosted by the Healthcare Business Management Association (“HBMA”) and held at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel (“Venue”), I may be exposed to persons who, knowingly or unknowingly, are infected with and/or have contracted COVID-19 and/or another similar disease or variant.
The waiver, release and other representations set forth herein are given in consideration for HBMA and the Venue permitting me to participate in the Event.
- I am fully aware that there are a number of risks associated with me entering onto the Venue property and participating in the Event during the COVID-19 pandemic, including without limitation:
- I could contract COVID-19 or other similar disease or variant;
- While safety guidelines and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist; and
- I will be subject to normal risks associated with participating in the Event.
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, relating to my participation in the Event and being present at the Venue, and agree to take full personal responsibility for them. Further, I will forever release, waive and discharge HBMA, the Venue and supplier partners from any and all claims, demands, liabilities, rights, damages, expenses, and causes of action of whatever kind or nature, and other losses of any kind, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, (collectively, “Damages”) should I contract COVID-19 or other similar disease or variant, or should anything else happen to me during my participation in the conference.
- I further promise not to sue HBMA or the Venue, and agree to indemnify and hold them harmless from any and all Damages resulting from my being present at the Venue and participating in the Event.
- I agree to monitor my own health status and will not attend the conference if I am symptomatic in any way or if I believe I have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- I understand that all participants will be asked to follow certain guidelines and policies before being allowed into the conference areas. These guidelines may include, but not limited to: wearing a masks at all times, staying socially distance from all other participants at all times, following prescribed wayfinding pathways, refraining from personal contact, respecting the space of other participants and following any and all other additional distancing guidelines and protocols imposed by HBMA, the contracted venue and suppliers. Specific details on these policies will be forthcoming prior to the conference dates and may become more or less strict at any time between now and the conference dates.
- I also represent and warrant that, during the course of the Event, I will comply with all such guidelines and policies regarding COVID-19 and any other communicable disease.