Nominations are now open for 2024 Board of Directors!
We are looking for candidates who match the following:
- Candidate must be either a Principal or Affiliate member (in good standing) of HBMA.
- Candidate must be an active HBMA member for at least one year prior to serving on the Board of Directors; who understands, upholds, and supports the purpose, philosophy, objectives, bylaws, policies and procedures of HBMA.
- Candidate must be actively engaged in and/or have special knowledge related to healthcare billing.
- Experience as a national officer or committee member for HBMA and/or other healthcare billing organization(s) is desirable.
- Candidate must be able and willing to commit the necessary time and resources to effectively serve in the position for which he/she is nominated.
- It is recommended that the candidate is active in at least one HBMA committee.
Duties of Board Members
- The HBMA Board of Directors meet the last Thursday of each month for a minimum of 60 minutes. Additional calls are scheduled as needed to perform duties.
- Members of the Board are expected to act as liaisons between at least one committee and the Board of Directors. The committee may be selected by the Board member based on interest.
- Members of the Board are expected to read, understand, and uphold the associations bylaws, confidentiality agreement, and the Board code of conduct.
Ready to nominate someone or volunteer? Complete the Nominations forms as well as the Candidate Consent form and email firstname.lastname@example.org!